Monday, April 25, 2011

Awesome Aquarium trip and Country Roads!

Johnny is back from California so now I can post some videos from our trip to the aquarium!!  I had a good week with the car while he was gone and I was able to get a lot of stuff done around the house (I'm not going to post any more pictures until our shipment arrives so you'll just have to wait)! 

Poor Johnny is back to work after a very exhausting quick trip to the states...and I am here without transportation again! We do have serious intentions of getting another car...we just have to find the time. So until then I am happy to be consumed by the Royal wedding coming up!!! I have really enjoyed watching different shows about the Prince and his lovely bride. It is just all so romantic :)

Easter here was very un-easter-like. I did, however, hard boil some eggs and eat some deli ham before I went to pick Johnny up at the airport. I should have microwaved a can of baked beans. Oh well, next year will be better :)

Anyway - without too much interesting to report on I will just post some pictures and videos of our fun trip. It really made me appreciate the island a little more. I know that as we adjust a little more I am sure to fall in love with this place.


This is obviously the ocean....I just wanted everyone to see how BEAUTIFUL the water is here. It is spring right now and I am told that it only gets more clear and more amazing as summer comes. I can't imagine!



This was what we saw immediately after walking into the aquarium. I never even imagined holding a sea cucumber but I definitely fell in love :) Johnny enjoyed the face I made when I saw the guys next to me handling the cucumbers in a harsh way. I should have filmed Johnny's attempt at holding the cucumber because our oh-so-adventurous man dropped it instantly and squealed. :) maybe he would have preferred the sea cucumber rolled in rice and seaweed.



We stood at this big tank FOREVER. The whale sharks were incredible to watch. We did go down closer but this video gives you a much better idea of the size.


 We noticed that the most common picture pose is smiling with a peace sign very close to your face. This picture got a good laugh out of the Japanese families standing nearby.



Finally, I leave you with a short video of my favorite drive. It is right next to our house and it is away from all of the buildings. Not to mention, it smells like farm. There is much more to it but the roads get very windy. Enjoy my Sunday stroll :)


I hope everyone is surviving all of the nasty weather back home - I know that gets very depressing. You are all invited to come visit the Island and get away!! 

All of our love.


2 comments:

  1. I loved the post sweetie. That's one big aquarium! The island looks so beautiful as does the ocean. I love you so much and miss you. Glad Johnny is home. Waiting on sunshine here. It seems like forever since it came out. At least it stopped raining for a bit. Talk to you soon. Love, daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible aquarium.. and ocean.. Only you would be worried about mistreating a sea cucumber..:) Are you driving on the left side of the road??

    ReplyDelete